FROM THE STAGE TO THE STREETS: CITYTV ROLLS OUT MULTIPLATFORM MARKETING CAMPAIGN FOR CANADA'S GOT TALENT
- Most extensive integrated marketing campaign across Rogers Media assets -
- Nationwide reach in support of the eagerly-awaited series premiere, March 4 on Citytv -
- Exclusive Finale contest on Breakfast Television and Rogers Radio -
- Targeted rollout in Saskatchewan, where viewers can now consume Citytv content through SCN acquisition -
(TORONTO – February 21, 2012) In support of the largest national talent search in Canadian history, Citytv has launched its robust multiplatform marketing campaign for Canada’s Got Talent. As comprehensive as the talent search itself, the promotional plan for this original Canadian series is unlike any other campaign in Rogers Media history, with an integrated national presence across television, radio, digital, and print platforms. The unified promotional presence also extends beyond Rogers Media assets, with a strategic rollout across nine cities. Canada’s Got Talent airs Sundays at 8 p.m. local time and Mondays at 7 p.m. local time, beginning Sunday, March 4 on Citytv.
The Canada’s Got Talent campaign reaches consumers nationally through Rogers Media assets, as well as a targeted rollout in nine prime cities: Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal, Halifax, and Regina and Saskatoon, as viewers in Saskatchewan will now be able to watch Canada’s Got Talent through Citytv’s acquisition of SCN. Co-branded campaigns with Canada’s Got Talent founding partners will be prevalent leading up to and during the series.
“Canada’s Got Talent is the largest integrated initiative ever at Rogers Media, and this campaign leverages our extensive assets in order to provide far-reaching consumer awareness,” said Koreen Ott, Director of Marketing, Entertainment, Rogers Media. “Using the power of the Rogers Media properties, coupled with the strategically-purchased external media, the campaign has set the stage to engage audiences on multiple platforms and make Canada’s Got Talent destination viewing for the whole family.”
· On Air – To showcase the fun and exciting nature of the show, a variety of entertaining :60, :30, and :10 spots and tags featuring the Canada’s Got Talent Judges Martin Short, Measha Brueggergosman, and Stephan Moccio and Host Dina Pugliese are currently airing across 11 Rogers TV stations and 55 Radio stations high rotation. This rollout is complemented by an external buy to garner more reach in key markets across the country.
· In Print – In addition to full-page ads in Rogers leading publications, such as Maclean’s, HELLO! Canada, and Chatelaine, a mix of unique creative will appear in daily and computer newspapers in major markets across Canada, all driving to the March 4 premiere.
· Digital – Online ads across Rogers Digital Media sites, including some of Canada’s leading brands such as CHFI, 680News, Citytv, Today’s Parent, plus partner sites BV! Media, which has the No. 1 reach in Quebec, and Hearst Digital Media Publishing. For maximum reach and frequency, the campaign also includes digital advertising across Google, YouTube, Yahoo!, and Facebook.
· Out of Home – Includes strategically-purchased billboards in key commuter areas in seven cities, plus transit shelters and digital and static posters in high-traffic shopping centres.
Citytv has also developed an integrated content strategy across its television and radio assets to keep Canada’s Got Talent top-of-mind as the series rolls out. Each week, exclusive content will be delivered on Breakfast Television and Rogers Radio stations, with specially-produced ‘Inside Scoop’ segments, giving viewers and listeners behind-the-scenes access and a chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to the live Season Finale.
Canada’s Got Talent is the largest national talent search in Canadian television history and features a colourful array of hopeful stars, including comedians, contortionists, impressionists, jugglers, magicians, ventriloquists, dancers and singers all vying for a chance to perform on national television and win the coveted title. This original series is a tribute to the rich talents that define and characterize Canada’s diversity.
Tim Hortons, Nissan Canada Inc. and Rogers Communications are founding partners of Canada’s Got Talent, with multiplatform sponsorship integration and execution across television, online, mobile and on-site presence.
Citytv™ television stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg offer viewers intensely-local, urban-oriented, culturally-diverse television programming. A distinct alternative to other conventional television stations, Citytv engages its viewers with dynamic on-air personalities and delivers an entertaining mix of news, local-interactive formats such as: Breakfast Television and CityLine; as well as local Canadian and US acquired prime time entertainment programming. Citytv is a part of Rogers Broadcasting Limited, a division of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX: RCI and NYSE: RCI) which is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. For more information on Citytv stations and programming, visit www.Citytv.com
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Sónia Brum, Publicity Manager, Citytv, firstname.lastname@example.org, 647.338.7381
Stephanie Perron, Publicity Coordinator for Canada’s Got Talent, Citytv, email@example.com, 647.278.6799