CITYTV BREAKS OUT ITS ARRESTING ALCATRAZ MARKETING CAMPAIGN
- Blockbuster-style Alcatraz trailers released in cinemas across Canada -
- Multi-faceted marketing campaign rolls out across all Rogers Media platforms, supporting the most anticipated Citytv launch this midseason -
- Alcatraz ‘Unlock The Mystery’ contest gives viewers a chance to visit Alcatraz Island in San Francisco –
(TORONTO – January 4, 2012) Headlining its much-anticipated midseason programming lineup with the epic new drama Alcatraz, Citytv today announced details surrounding the multi-faceted marketing campaign for the series. Alcatraz debuts Monday, Jan. 16 with a special two-hour premiere starting at 8pm ET/PT.
The advertising campaign is designed to break through the winter lull and prepare viewers for the heart-pounding suspense of the most buzz-worthy new drama this season. Citytv's multi-faceted advertising campaign is also integrated across all Rogers Media platforms, including radio, television, digital, and print.
The integrated campaign includes: 30-second promos running across Rogers radio and TV stations in Toronto, Kitchener, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg. The campaign also features full-page ads in Connected magazine and digital display ads across the Rogers Media digital network. Marketing Magazine subscribers will receive a double-sided six-panel character and ensemble cast poster when the special polybag issue hits newsstands Jan. 9.
On the day of the eagerly awaited series premiere, Citytv is furthering its engagement with consumers by releasing a QR code contest hosted online and communicated via commuter dailies. The ‘Alcatraz Unlock The Mystery’ contest gives viewers the chance to win a trip for two to San Francisco to visit Alcatraz Island – the site of America's most infamous prison, once home to some of history's most dangerous and deadly inmates.
Other elements of the comprehensive marketing plan include:
- Out-of-home advertising - transit shelter ads, digital and static mall posters, underground path posters, transit interior posters and spectacular billboards in the Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary markets
- Display ads across a variety of ad networks, homepage takeovers on launch day, as well as content search and match in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton
- Daily commuter newspaper domination in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary on premiere day
- Social media consumer engagement using Twitter and Facebook.
The on-air campaign kicked off with a 60-second cinematic-style trailer in the gripping season finale of Terra Nova on December 19 and continued to capture viewers during the 27th annual Citytv New Year’s Bash.
Additionally, a 30-second trailer began running in theatres just before the launch of the holiday season’s biggest blockbusters, including The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and The Darkest Hour, and continues its run until the television premiere on Jan. 16.
Citytv television stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg offer viewers intensely-local, urban-oriented, culturally-diverse television programming. A distinct alternative to other conventional television stations, Citytv engages its viewers with dynamic on-air personalities and delivers an entertaining mix of news, local-interactive formats such as: Breakfast Television and CityLine; as well as local Canadian and US acquired prime time entertainment programming. Citytv is a part of Rogers Broadcasting Limited, a division of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX: RCI and NYSE: RCI) which is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. For more information on Citytv stations and programming, visit www.Citytv.com.
Follow us on Twitter @Citytv_PR
- 30 -
For further information:
Sónia Brum, Citytv, 416.764.3194, email@example.com
Michelle Lomack, Citytv, 416.764.3190, firstname.lastname@example.org