Rogers Sports & Media Evolves the National Dialogue with Prime-time Special Ending Racism: What Will it Take?, June 11
– One-hour conversation to air on Citytv, Sportsnet, OMNI Television,
Rogers tv community stations, and Rogers Radio news websites –
– Special is the first in a series of initiatives across Rogers Sports & Media –
Join the conversation: #EndingRacism
June 10, 2020 – Continuing the conversation in the fight to eliminate racism, Rogers Sports & Media today announced the one-hour special Ending Racism: What Will it Take?, airing Thursday, June 11 across its TV and digital channels. Hosted byCityline’sTracy Moore and Sportsnet’s Donnovan Bennett, the national prime-time show examines the events that sparked protests around the world and takes a sobering look at systemic racism and injustices faced by Canada’s Black, Indigenous, and equity-seeking communities.
The discussion features thought-leaders from across the country, who share their unique experiences with systemic discrimination and their views on how all Canadians can advocate for impactful change. Viewers can join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #EndingRacism.
Canadians can watch and stream Ending Racism: What Will It Take? this Thursday at 7 p.m. local time on Citytv, OMNI Television, Rogers tv community stations, and Rogers Radio news websites, plus 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet. The special is the first of ongoing initiatives from Rogers Sports & Media over the coming months to continue to drive the conversation with Canadians.
From athletes to activists, guest contributors to Ending Racism: What Will It Take? include:
- Akim Aliu – Professional Hockey Player & Member of Hockey Diversity Alliance
- Michael Bach – Founder & CEO, Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion
- Donovan Bailey – Olympic Gold Medallist, 5x World Champion & Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame Inductee
- Cicely Belle Blain – Founder, Black Lives Matter Vancouver & Diversity Consultant
- Orlando Bowen – Former Toronto Argonauts Linebacker & Motivational Speaker
- Andray Domise – Journalist & Contributor to Maclean’s magazine
- Wes Hall – Executive Chairman, Kingsdale Advisors
- Idil Issa – Vice President, La Foundation Parole des Femmes
- Sheila North - Former MKO Grand Chief & Indigenous Advocate
About Rogers Sports & Media
Rogers Sports & Media is a diverse sports and content company that engages more than 30 million Canadians each week. The company’s multimedia offerings include 56 radio stations, 29 local TV stations, 23 conventional and specialty television stations, podcasts, digital and e-commerce websites, and sporting events. Rogers Sports & Media delivers unique storytelling through its range of powerful brands: Citytv, OMNI Television, FX, TSC, 680 NEWS, 98.1 CHFI, KiSS, Breakfast Television, Cityline, CityNews, Sportsnet – Canada’s #1 sports network, and the Blue Jays – Canada’s only Major League Baseball team. Rogers Sports & Media is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit RogersSportsandMedia.com .
Charmaine Khan, Citytv, Charmaine.Khan@rci.rogers.com , (m) 416.277.0450
Meghann Cox, Sportsnet, email@example.com, (m) 416.258.3296